Spring is not cancelled…we all need it more than ever
Our mission is to remove every barrier to your garden success. Even if that means innovating due to COVID-19.
We’re following all the guidelines put out by the City of Chicago related to keeping business establishments sanitized plus a few more…
When you come to the store:
- All staff are “fever free” and tested daily at the start of each shift
- Our spacious outdoor environment allows plenty of room for social distancing
- We have “touchless” payment options: Apple Pay and Google Pay
- For the time being, no cash transactions - credit card only
- “No-touch” check out - we are setting up our cashier stations so we don’t need to handle your items
- Receipts are sent via text or email
- During the crazy days of spring buying we’ll do timed entry to prevent overcrowding in the plant yard or store to maintain room for social distancing
If you can’t come inside the plant yard or store:
- We’re creating special curated products for contactless delivery for yourself or as a gift to loved ones
- We’ll offer curbside pick-up in our convenient loading zone
- All delivery will be contactless - we’ll place your order in the location of your choice (on ground level)
- “In yard” consultations - for a minimal fee, our fever free team will come to you, evaluate your needs and provide recommendations with a product list that we then deliver
- “Facetime” virtual shopping container consultations - at a scheduled time, our staff will virtually look at your container situation, collaborate and make suggestions. You will be invoiced electronically and your order delivered within 24 hours with planting instructions.
A few ways your continued support helps our small, woman owned business:
- Well, we’re small and woman owned
- Our growers are all midwest, family owned businesses
- We buy from US made, small businesses whenever possible
- Our staff includes industry professionals and members of our United We Blossom job training team. They all have families.
- Delivery drivers are friends and family whose jobs have been put on hold due to their business sectors (photography, events, others) being put on hold
- As a social enterprise, we believe the world would be a better place with more gardeners in it and we need a better world now more than ever
- We employ the community… and we are the community
According to a recent article in the Huffington Post gardening provides many benefits including stress relief which we all desperately need right now.
So we’re here for you, gardening friends. It will be a weird spring but, as our motto says, “United We Blossom”...