Feel Good @ City Grange
At City Grange, you’re a part of something bigger. And that feels good. Because you’ll always know that everything you buy, grow, eat, drink, gift or share from us is selected to do hard and important work in our community and in the world.
Supporting local organic farmers is at the top of our list and we are rethinking the supply chain to do so. We are serious about this.
We are also serious about our commitment to the future by creating jobs and hiring and training at-risk youth. We want to be a role model of how to invest in our community as a business and train a new generation of garden leaders and educators in the process.
How else can we do that? By sourcing environmentally responsible products from small businesses and American Made whenever possible.
And by supporting local nonprofit gardening and environmental organizations, such as Peterson Garden Project, Get Growing Foundation, SlowFood Chicago, Green City Market, Urban Beekeeping Lab and Chicago Market. (Because nothing grows alone!)
And, most importantly, we are committed to making sure that whatever size your garden is, it grows. Abundantly. Simply. Joyfully. (We use those words a lot because we mean them.)
But our zealousness does not stop there…we are also dedicated:
- To source and grow organic, GMO free plants
- To recycle our garden plastic (and show others how they can, too!)
- To conserve water runoff from our roofs and display benches
- To working with artists to create one-of-a-kind garden products out of recycled materials
- To raising awareness of new products and technologies that save natural resources
- To support sustainable gardening by focusing on natives, pollinator friendly and food plants